07 Oct 2014
#ICYMI: MaRS venture news: September 2014
September was a busy month for many of our ventures. Here’s a recap of some recent media coverage and venture news.
- Interaxon was selected as a finalist for innovator of the year in PWC’s Vision to Reality Awards, and several MaRS ventures were selected in the “Top Up and Coming” category. They are: Bionym, Bubl, Edsby, Figure 1, Rithm, SoapBox Innovations and Uniiverse Collaboration Lifestyle.
- REGEN Energy has appointed Pete Malcolm as its president and CEO.
- AvidBiologics closed a new financing round.
- Vanhawks was recognized by the Globe and Mail as the highest funded Canadian Kickstarter project to date.
- Figure 1 was featured in Boston Magazine.
- MaRS Innovation’s Minuum keyboard was highlighted in an article on The Next Web titled “iOS 8 third-party keyboards: The roundup.”
- MaRS information and communications technology (ICT) venture Orchard was profiled in the Vancouver Sun and featured on “CTV News Vancouver Island” and Toronto’s “Citynews.”
- Interaxon’s Muse headband continues to grace the tech news in the United States:
• “7 wacky wearables that show how the industry is evolving”
• “Is mindfulness and less stress worth $299? The Muse makes a case” (review)
• “The $300 headband that gamifies your moment of zen”
• “How I wore a brainwave-reading headset for a week and learned to calm My Mind”
Did I miss anything? Drop me a line at email@example.com.